The unique quality and flavour of “Edesma, S.A” products has been achieved through the adoption and enforcement of the latest and most demanding quality and food safety control systems at all stages of the production process. We adhere to the following standards:
- ISO 9001-2000 Procedure Quality Certification
- HACCP Health Operation Manual
- ISO 22000 Product Quality Certification
- International Food Standard (IFS) Manual for upgraded quality of operations (essential for exports to Western Europe)
- BIO Certificate for production of organic products
- State-of-the-art Quality Control laboratory (located on-site) for microbiological and physio-chemical testing, carried out by fully trained scientific staff.
- Computerised traceability system to monitor the origin of raw materials and their progress from the production stage to the final consumer. The system ensures the ability to recall a product to safeguard consumer safety.
- Hyper-Pressure Packing process, ensuring the hygiene and safety of products.
With an emphasis on creativity and innovation, the company’s R&D Department has implemented pioneering ideas in the charcuterie sector. “Edesma, S.A” ’s innovative creations have been acknowledged by the Industrial Property Organisation (OBI) with the following patents:
- Charcuterie with olive oil and other vegetable oils, using minced meat
- Charcuterie with olive oil using whole meat pieces
- Charcuterie without preservatives
- Vegetarian and vegan products using meat process technology
By following a course of sustainable growth, “Edesma, S.A” has been:
- the first company in Greece to produce air-dried charcuterie
- the first to produce Frankfurter sausages
- the first to produce and market charcuterie in skin packaging
“Edesma, S.A.” is currently the only company in the sector producing and marketing the “NATARELE” line of charcuterie products without preservatives.